Jobvite Launches Social Job App on Facebook to Power Referral Hiring
New App Matches Job Openings with Friends in Employee Networks – Users can Find, Refer and Apply to Jobs Privately within Facebook
BURLINGAME, CA, October 21, 2011 – Jobvite, the leading recruiting platform for the social web, today introduced a new social job app for Facebook. With the Jobvite app, people can find, refer and apply to jobs privately within Facebook, where they’re most likely to connect and share information on a daily basis.
Now within Facebook, companies, recruiters and employees can share and match jobs to friends with Jobvite’s proprietary matching technology, providing better access to opportunities for job seekers and more quality hires for employers. For the first time, people can connect and apply to jobs completely within Facebook; and they can see their status in the hiring process at anytime, creating a positive, transparent relationship for companies and candidates.
“The widespread, daily use of Facebook makes it an engaging and practical platform for job referrals. Any company can start recruiting with the network they already have – their own employees,” said Dan Finnigan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jobvite. “Our new social job app gives any employee an easy, authentic way to refer jobs to friends in their networks, while respecting their privacy and need to keep personal and professional information separate.”
EMPLOYEES CAN MATCH AND REFER FRIENDS TO JOBS
- The Jobvite app makes job referral part of daily activity on Facebook.
- When using Facebook, employees automatically see notifications about friends who match open jobs based on the professional and educational information in their profiles.
- They can search their networks for matches to jobs at their companies, invite friends to apply, refer friends and automatically get credit for referrals.
JOBSEEKERS CAN FIND REFERRALS FOR JOBS
- Job seekers can find friends at companies who are hiring and privately request referrals.
- They can see job listings at friends’ companies or search all job listings from Jobvite customers and find connections to those jobs.
- While 85 percent of jobs are unadvertised, those on the Jobvite app come directly from corporate career sites where companies list all their open jobs.
APPLY TO JOBS AND FOLLOW-UP FROM WITHIN FACEBOOK
- Job seekers can apply to jobs completely from within Facebook with a resume or the education and work portions of a Facebook profile.
- They can track the status of their applications to employers from within Facebook, eliminating a communication black hole.
- They can join a company’s talent network to be among the first to find out about new opportunities.
JOB SEARCH WITH SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CHOICE – AND NO SPAMMING
- All job application information is completely private; users choose what, if anything, to publish to their news feeds.
- Job seekers have complete control over what, if any, information from a Facebook profile is shared with a potential employer; and they can always edit and preview what will be sent.
- Employees using the Jobvite app do not give their employers access to their news feeds, private photos, check-ins or contacts.
- No one using the Jobvite app will subject friends to automatic posts; all users can choose what job-related information to share with friends.
“Our employees are active Facebook users and our most trusted source for finding high quality talent,” said Rebecca Wilcox, Director of Talent Acquisition at Orbitz Worldwide. “Jobvite's matching technology now makes it incredibly easy for employees to see matches for jobs and refer friends who can then apply - all completely within Facebook.”
Referrals are highly effective for both employers and job seekers because, on average, they are hired at ten times the rate of other sources and cost one-fifth as much. Jobvite revolutionized employee referrals in 2009 by integrating its recruiting platform with social networks. Now Jobvite is providing a whole new channel of high quality, low cost hires with a social referral app specifically built for the broad reach and frequency of engagement on Facebook. With an average of 130 friends per user, employees of Jobvite customers have an estimated 18 million friends on Facebook.
The announcement was made today at the HR Technology Conference in Las Vegas, NV. The Jobvite app will be available to all Jobvite customers in Fall 2011.
ABOUT RECRUITING ON FACEBOOK
- Companies now using Jobvite see 43% of employee social referral hires come from Facebook, 41% from LinkedIn and 16% from Twitter. (Jobvite Index)
- Employers rank employee referrals as the #1 source for candidate quality. (Jobvite Social Recruiting Survey 2011)
- 77% of jobseekers (both active and passive) use Facebook. (Job Seeker Nation 2010, Jobvite)
- 55% of employers currently use Facebook for recruiting. (Jobvite Social Recruiting Survey 2011)
- Close to 50% of Facebook users now include professional information in their Facebook profiles.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
Jobvite is the leading recruiting platform for the social web. Today's fastest-growing companies use applicant tracking, recruiter CRM and social recruiting software solutions from Jobvite to target the right talent and build the best teams. Jobvite is a complete, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which can optimize the speed, cost-effectiveness and ease of recruiting for any company. For more information, visit www.jobvite.com.